On the Street Where You Live

On the Street Where You Live
Bye snowy seagull... time to start thinking warm thoughts.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Journey's first steps

Hi Mom! Or anyone curious enough, loving enough, or bored enough to check in on my adventures abroad...This is my first blog post ever, and as such I will keep it short and to the point.

This blog will track my general cultural findings, my random life musing, and the direction of my research as I spend the next 9 months as a Fulbright Teaching Assistant in northern Germany. If you're actually interested in perceptions of wellness and attitudes towards aging, well... thanks... I hope that my research provides you with some sort of insight. As for you, Mom and friends, thanks for pretending and I hope this one-sided conversation is filled with  personality and idiosyncrasies that make it feel like I'm still hanging out wherever you are.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and for me that step is to the living room to keep packing. Wish me luck.

My faith in things unseen and my belief that it will all work out may seem like a strange cup of tea, but if it's alright with you, then its alright with me.

Mere

3 comments:

  1. Great idea. This is your journal (albeit a public one) as well as your "letters home." It will also be very helpful when it comes time to formally write about your experiences. And you get to check the I-am-a-blogger box. Have a blast. I will be reading. Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mere - this is Aunt Susie.
    I care and I will check in and check out your
    experiences.

    My love and best wishes for a very rewarding, memory filled time. Enjoy the ride!

    I love you, tons and tons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the world of blogging, mere! can't wait to follow your adventures in flensburg! i'll be posting mine from tübingen at www.kaciclairest.com :)

    ReplyDelete