On the Street Where You Live

On the Street Where You Live
Bye snowy seagull... time to start thinking warm thoughts.

Friday, October 8, 2010

The clever Swedes

These last few days have been a building adventure. I have been a diligent photographer of the progress and not such a diligent builder... but it's coming along.

A quick update to whet your appetite, then a longer one once I finish building my desk and can then sit and properly write (for the first time since I've been here!) and post an album of everything that is Glücksburger Straße...

First: A bit of panic in my life... in order to HAVE this apartment i need to pay my security deposit, and in order to pay my deposit I need to have a functioning bank account. I have 3 days until this account closes due to the fact that I haven't presented Visa papers, which I cannot get until I register with the state with my new permanent address... do you see the vicious cycle of this bureaucracy?

I am anxiously waiting for my official contract to come in the mail so I can go to city hall for the 6th time and finally get everything sorted out. Phew.

Secondly: IKEA FURNITURE. Wow... those swedes are clever. So clever am I not in terms of putting it all together, but all of this furniture that I had to buy is multifuncitonal, practical, and easy to pack into a car. Building it has been..fun? but I've never felt so accomplished as when I laid down in my own bed that I built with my own two hands. Wow. You can only buy that kind of feeling, at a very nice discount, at IKEA. Thank you swedes for inventing this wonder store.

That's it for now unfortunately. Lots more to comment on, and a lot more coming up, but I think I'll be a much better updater once I get my desk built. Slowly but surely...

Love,
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment