On the Street Where You Live

On the Street Where You Live
Bye snowy seagull... time to start thinking warm thoughts.

Friday, October 1, 2010

I HAVE AN APT!!

The update I promised for Wednesday was a bit tainted due to the fact that I STILL didn't have a place to live. Which is just, well, mind boggling and I couldn't help that everything I thought about had something to do with apartments or being homeless.

Well friends, I am giddy to report that after a month of being here in Germany I FINALLY have a place to stay. Glücksburger Straße 52 to be exact. For the observant, you might notice that I have been living extremely far away suburb of Flensburg called Glücksburg for the last month (making it hard to travel, make friends, have a life etc) and now I'm on Glücksburger street.

Don't fret, it is just the name of the street--a very nice street with families and schools and things--in Flensburg! It is actually pretty perfect as a location. It is about 15 miniutes walking distance from everything I'd need to get to (school, university, downtown) and is nice and quiet and clean. I also think its quite appropriate that I move from Glücksburg to Glücksburger Straße...it must be meant to be.

Oh and I mentioned University... Yes, I am a student at the University of Flensburg as of Tuesday! Yay! It cost me a whopping 50 euro. I think if I lived here I would be a student forever.

I have to run now though; now that I have an apartment the bureaucratic rat race begins. Paperwork awaits...but so does my room. hee hee.

More updates later.

Love,
Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment